Top 5 fishing lakes in Norfolk

Top 5 fishing lakes in Norfolk

Here are my five top fishing venues in Norfolk, it’s a coincidence that all five are carp fishing venues. The main purpose when I set out to do this was to give you a mixed bag of fisheries, which gives something for everyone. Hopefully there will be a venue in the list suited to you, if so…go wet a line!

AUTHOR

Harry Hughes

CATEGORY

Carp

SOCIAL

dangler

1, Taswood Lakes

First up is Taswood lakes set in picturesque Norfolk countryside just of the A140 south of Norwich in the Tas Valley. This fantastic complex has a lot to offer whether you’re a specimen carp hunter, pleasure angler or a match fisherman it caters for all. There are 7 lakes in total, 4 classed as carp lakes and 3 as coarse lakes. Specimen carp are on offer with plenty of 20’s, 30’s and the odd 40 available along with ghost and grass carp. Specimen Tench have also been caught and for the match/pleasure angler 100lb mixed bags are not uncommon. Also, the complex offers a very well stocked tackle shop on-site and friendly staff are always willing to give advice. For more details please see their website.

Visit Website
Get Directions

2, Airfield Lakes

Very different to Taswood lakes, Airfield lakes is an exclusive fishery consisting of two specimen carp lakes situated near the small village of Dickleburgh in south Norfolk, again just off the A140. These lakes are available for weekly bookings only, so no day tickets. This is a great place to book with friends for a week of top quality carp fishing. The other main reason for including this fishery in the top 5 is the fact that this fishery holds a 50lb+ carp and is backed up by numerous 30’s and 40’s. What an opportunity for a PB in Norfolk! For further details see their website.

Visit Website
Get Directions

3, Homersfield Lake

Another specimen fishery this time-based in Waveney Valley is Homersfield lake. At 35 acres this is a decent sized fishery stocked with specimens of all species. Famous for a John Wilson Dream Fishing episode on a hot summer’s day. Different from the previous two fisheries this is a syndicate venue so you will need to get in touch with the fishery direct to apply. Nethertheless when you are on the lake it will be worth it:

Carp – 50lb+

Tench – 13lb

Bream – 15lb

Roach – 4lb

Catfish – 100lb (was the British record)

There is also the Kingfisher lodge available for weekly holidays if this is more suited to you. For more details please see the link to the website.

Visit Website
Get Directions

4, Taverham-Mill

The Taverham complex in the Wensum includes 4 lakes with 22 acres of land fully otter fenced. Not only is this a fantastic fishing venue open to all, but also offers purpose-built hides for nature and wildlife lovers too. Picturesque walks and cycling facilities also cater for families wanting a peaceful day out and the chance to be at one with nature. The fishing offers something for everyone, two of the lakes Costssey 2 and 3 are season ticket venues but you can apply for the waiting list. Costessey 1 and The Mills lakes are both day fisheries which offer fishing for all, with mixed bags of fish available. Some great Pike fishing can be had in the winter months on the Mills. Also as part of the complex, there is a ¾ mile section of the river Wensum available where you can land some great chub and some small Barbel.

For further information please see their website.

Visit Website
Get Directions

5, Harleston, Wortwell & District Angling Club – Weybread Pits

Also set in the Waveney Valley on the Norfolk/Suffolk border is Weybread Pits, this angling club is open to all and again caters for anglers of all abilities. There are 7 lakes as part of the membership along with several stretches of the river Waveney. There are smaller pleasure waters for all to enjoy as well as larger specimen waters topped off by the 100 acre ocean pit, which is a beast but there are certainly big rewards for the carp enthusiasts who like a challenge. For more details please see their website.

Visit Website
Get Directions
Dangler

By registering your interest below, you'll be the first to hear when you can download Dangler.

About The Author

Harry Hughes

COO & Co-Founder

With a real competitive background, there is nothing more I love than competing against a lake and it’s residents, chasing carp in hard venues where it really is the angler competing against the target species. I have fished for all manner of species from a very young age, influenced by my brothers, I soon fell into love with carp fishing and dedicated many hours of hard work to outwit some amazing carp along the way. But with limited time you can find me once again fishing for multiple species, and happily catching what comes along!

View All Posts By Harry

Recent Posts

2020-04-07T23:57:28+01:00January 2nd, 2020|Carp|