Top 5 Carp fishing lakes in Essex

Top 5 Carp fishing lakes in Essex

Fishing with time constraints and not having a lot of time to put into fishing one syndicate fishery, It is nice to have the luxury to fish different waters which allow you to pay on the day or book in advance without having to buy a yearly ticket. I have only ever found out about Day ticket waters in Essex through word of mouth, so here is a list of my Top 5 winter carp day ticket venues in Essex which will hopefully give you the chance to bag some winter crackers!

AUTHOR

Daniel Hughes

CATEGORY

Carp

SOCIAL

dangler

1, Blasford Hill Carp Fishery

Blasford Hills fishery consists of two lakes the Main lake and the match lake, located in the Chelmsford country side, it has plenty of species to go for. The main lake Is approximately 4 acres in size with carp to 35lb tench to over 7lb, pike to 26lb and crucians. The match lake is a lot smaller in size with 22 pegs and is heavily stocked with Carp, Perch, Roach, Rudd and Bream. The match lake can be booked for private matches where match weights can go to over 200+ pounds. The main lake has produced some incredible carp and has proved to be a great winter water.

Visit the website below for further information on how to book a day ticket.

Visit Website
Get Directions

2, Par Fishery

It is a short drive from Brentwood located in the idyllic Essex countryside, it is a day ticket venue which consists of two lakes, Faraway Lake (Back lake) & Tilliangham lake (Front lake). The front lake is approximately 4.5 acres in size and is limited to 10 anglers, the average size of fish is 16-23lb although the current lake record stands at 32lb.10oz. The back lake is approximately 4 acres in size and is a more engaging water of the two lakes where the average weight of carp is 20lb with a current lake record of 38lb 8oz. At the right time of the year the lake holds around 15 different thirty pound carp with at least 4 fish over 35lb, this lake is limited to 6 anglers at a time.

Visit Website
Get Directions

3, Churchwood Fisheries

Churchwood Fisheries, in Brentwood Essex, is a stunning, tranquil day ticket fishery set within the owners private back garden. There are 3 lakes in total, Jenkins, Churchwood and the Cat Lake. The Churchwood lake is 2.5 acres in size with carp up to 34lb with a maximum of 6 anglers at a time.

Visit Website
Get Directions

4, Bayeswater Day Ticket lake

Bayeswater fisheries are located – Generals Farm, A12 Boreham Interchange,Chelmsford, Essex. The day ticket lake is 3 acres in size It holds approximately 300 carp, with 11 different 30’s, there is a lot caught near the 27lb mark with an average 3 out of 4 caught being over 20lb. There are 12 swims in total on the lake with lake records of a 41lb Mirror and a 38lb Common. This a notoriously good cold weather carp water.

Visit Website
Get Directions

5, Berners Hall Fishery

There are 3x lakes at Berners Hall, Meadow Lake, Poultons Lake & The Res, located at Berners, Hall Farm, Ongar, Essex, CM5 0TB.

‘The Res’ another great Essex winter carp water, with 24 swims in 24 acres of water, it is home to plenty of carp which range from brand new virginal doubles to a very large head of beautiful 20’s . There is approximately 40+ different 30lb carp present in the lake. The current lake record Mirror is a fish known as ‘Rambo’ weighing in at 44lb 9oz and the lake record Common is ‘Patch’ at 41lb 12oz caught in December 2019. The Res is also home to some monster catfish reaching weights of 65lb. With the Res being such a prolific winter water, a Winter ticket is also available in the Winter months.

Visit Website
Get Directions
Dangler

By registering your interest below, you'll be the first to hear when you can download Dangler.

About The Author

Daniel Hughes Dangler

Daniel Hughes

CEO & Co-Founder

Being out on the bank and catching a fish is just a bonus for me, what I really love about angling is it provides us with the ability to be at one with nature and appreciate what most do not get to see. I discovered my passion for angling at the age of 9 and it has never left me, carp fishing has always been the core of my angling but I will never turn down the opportunity to target other species and enjoy what our waters have to offer.

Recent Posts

2020-04-15T01:19:48+01:00January 2nd, 2020|Carp|