Top 5 Pike Fishing lakes in Suffolk

Top 5 Pike Fishing lakes in Suffolk

With large pike actually being a very difficult species to target and for the most part, remaining mysterious, I wanted to see what pike venues were available in my home county. After scouring the internet and using my own knowledge I decided to create a list of my top 5 pike venues in Suffolk to save you the time of reading through various forums to try and find a suitable predator venue in Suffolk!

AUTHOR

Harry Hughes

CATEGORY

Pike & Predator

SOCIAL

dangler

1, Suffolk Waterpark

A well-known complex situated in Bramford, Ipswich, close to the A14. The complex consists of a number of lakes all suited to different species, but the 25-acre Big Lake is host to carp and pike. The pike go up to 27lb here, and there are plenty of doubles. It certainly isn’t unknown to catch a good brace or more.

Visit Website
Get Directions

2, Alton Water

At a mere 340 acres, this is a monster of a water. Boasting dozens of bays, and no doubt thousands of features, this really is a water for the hardened angler. But the results are there to be had. Many rumours of large pike have been told, doubles and twenties are caught regularly, but rarely are fish from here publicised. Follow the large shoals of silver fish and you won’t be far away from a pike or too.

Visit Website
Get Directions

3, Little Ouse

Situated on the Suffolk/Norfolk border, the Little Ouse is renowned for its great river form. Holding multiple species, up to a specimen level and specifically holding a good number of pike. The Brandon and Redmere stretches being the most notable. Historic catch reports of pike to over 25lb have been recorded.

UNKNOWN WEBSITE OR LOCATION

Visit Website
Get Directions

4, Causeway Lake (Gipping Angling Preservation Society)

One of a handful of lakes on the GAPS club ticket, at around 13 acres or so this lake is stocked with some great specimen fish including some large Zander and Pike. Once again, not well publicised, but these predators are there to be caught. See the GAPS website for some snapshots of some lovely pike from here.

Visit Website
Get Directions

5, Melton Pits (Breakaway Pits)

A 2-minute walk from the Dangler office you can find a small intimate, reed-lined lake of maybe 3-4 acres, which just so happens to be a great pike water. Situated in Melton, just outside of Woodbridge, this day ticket lake is stocked with a large head of pike to mid-20s. You certainly won’t be too far away from a pike here…

Facebook
Get Directions
Dangler

By registering your interest below, you'll be the first to hear when you can download Dangler.

About The Author

Harry Hughes

COO & Co-Founder

With a real competitive background, there is nothing more I love than competing against a lake and it’s residents, chasing carp in hard venues where it really is the angler competing against the target species. I have fished for all manner of species from a very young age, influenced by my brothers, I soon fell into love with carp fishing and dedicated many hours of hard work to outwit some amazing carp along the way. But with limited time you can find me once again fishing for multiple species, and happily catching what comes along!

View All Posts By Harry

Recent Posts

2020-04-08T00:20:54+01:00December 30th, 2019|Pike & Predator|